Wheat, corn and barley are major ingredients in poultry diets, which provide birds with essential nutrients and energy for growth and maintenance. However, a considerable portion of the carbohydrate fraction present in grains is made up of poorly digestible components that have substantial anti-nutritional effects in the animal, thereby adversely affecting animal production performance. Arabinoxylans is a hemicellulose found in both the primary and secondary cell walls of plants, including cereal grains and predominantly consists of copolymers of two pentose sugars – arabinose and xylose.
BG-Xylan™ is a unique xylanase enzyme feed additive scientifically developed by ABTL scientists for consistent, and premium performance. An endo-1,4-beta-xylanase, BG-XYLAN™ improves animal nutrition and gut health by breaking down non-starch polysaccharides (specifically xylans) in cell walls of feed grains so that valuable entrapped nutrients can be released for digestion.
BG-XYLAN™ is composed o f Endo-1,4 B-xylanase, which randoml y cleave the bet a 1,4 backbone of complex plant cell wall polysaccharide xylan.
Recommended Name : BG-Xylan™.
Systemic Name: Endo -1, 4 Beta-xylanase.
Why BG-Xylan™ ?
The large amount of NSP’s present in most of the feed ingredients that are used in poultry feed. These NSP’s are not utilized by the birds because they do not secret suitable enzyme to utilize them. The arabinoxylan and beta glucan fraction of NSP are not being digested by bird due to lack of endo – xylanase and beta – glucanase enzyme.
Anti-nutritional Effects of Arabinoxylans In Bird:
- Soluble arabinoxylans increases viscosity of the gut
- Arab inoxylans can cause a general inhibition of nutrient digestion especially, starch, fat and protein.
- The anti-nutritive effects of arabinoxylans largely depend on the polymeric nature of
polysaccharides and their viscous property.
- Gelatinazation of starch in maize during the process of pelleting of feed can increases the viscosity of the gut.
- Increase in viscosity of gut and increased thickness of unstirred water layer in the gut not only affect the nutrient absorption but also causes the entrapment of various nutrients, which results into proliferation and multiplication of various pathogenic organisms like E.Coli, Salmonella, Clostridia, etc. Some of these microorganisms have the ability to deconjugate bile acids which can result in low reabsorption of these emulsifying componentsYoung chicks producing low amount of bile salts are affected more due to decreased fat absorption.
BG-Xylan™ Directly Acts on the Antinutritional Factor Soluble and Non-Soluble Arabinoxylans by Degrading the same. as a result of Which :
- lntestinal viscosity is reduced resulting into liberation, digestion and absorptio n of entrapped nutrients.
- Loose droppings are st opp ed and wet litter condition is improved.
- Inhibition of growth of the pathogenic organisms in intestine, due to reduction in viscosity of gut which fur ther helps to improve the digestion and absorption of Nutrients
- Improvement in mixing of digesta with pancreatic juices and biliary secretion thus also improving the emulsification and absorption of saturated fatty acids and formation of micelles
- Finally, BG-Xylan™ degrades the NSP material and liberates ready source of energy in the form of reducing sugars which is absorbed easily by the intestine of the birds
- It helps in increasing the weight gain of the bird, properdigestion and absorption of fat improvemen t in wet litter conditions, reducing the chances of loose dropp ing and disease conditions etc. All these factors contribute to the immunity, livability and productivity of the birds.
Improves Animal Nutritionand Performance
- BG-Xylan™ out-performs other xylanases by releasing up to 40 kcal ME / kg in corn-based poultry diets and up to 45 kcal ME/kg in wheat poultry diets due to its unique protein structure and pH profile.
- BG-Xylan™ hydrolyzes both soluble and insoluble xylans, maximizing release of nutrients from many types of feed grains. It has an extended enzymatic site which allows greater catalytic activity than other commercial xylanases.
- BG-Xylan™ has a unique pH profile which works optimally at the 5.7 – 7.0 pH of the poultry small intestine where the majority of digestion occurs.
- BG-Xylan™ further accelerates digestion by reducing digesta viscosity and improving passage rate.
Improves and Maintains a Healthy Gut
- By reducing the amount of undigested xylans in feed, BG-Xylan™ limits the growth of pathogens in the intestine.
- Birds supplemented with BG-Xylan™ exhibit statistically significant less severe necrotic lesions, show increased villi height (improved morphology) and statistically significant reduced mucosal MDA (an indicator of oxidative stress).
- BG-Xylan™ has also been shown to create a prebiotic effect by improving nutrient digestibility, maintaining healthy micro-biota and providing increased protection against pathogenic challenges.
Versatile and Consistent Performance
- Animal trials have shown that BG-Xylan™ consistently improves FCR.
- Field research confirms that BG-Xylan™ creates statistically significant improvement in average bird finished weight and flock uniformity.
- BG-Xylan™ is intrinsically thermostable at pelleting temperatures of at least 85°C.
- Finally, BG-Xylan™ has been consistent in improving the wet litter conditions, thereby reducing the chances of loose droppings and disease conditions. All these factors contribute to enhance the immunity, livability and productivity of the birds.
- BG-Xylan™ can be used successfully across multiple feed ingredients and production environments using a Reformulation or On-top Feed Strategy.
- pH Optima: 5.0
- Biodegradability: Biodegradable.
- Thermo stability: Can wi th st and pelletisation temperature up to 90°C for 90 Seconds.
Each gm Contains
The actual dosage may depend on feed composit ion and as recommended by the Nutritionist.
The storage stability of BG-Xylan™ was studied after mixing it into commerc ial poultry feed and stored for 5-6 months at 25°C. The analysis of the feed mixture was carried out once in a month and the result showed that there was no significant loss of enzyme activity.
About 2 years in original sealed drums at or below 25°C.
The product was exposed to 25°C at a moisture level of 10% for different time interval starting from 15 second to 90 second to study the percentage of residual activity. No significant loss in the activity of Xylanase was observed.
BG-Xylan™ may cause allergic manifestation. Persons handling this m aterial shoul d be protected against inhalation of its dust and contact with skin or eyes. Store in a cool, dry place at or below 25°C.