Wheat, corn and barley are major ingredients in poultry diets, which provide birds with essential nutrients and energy for growth and maintenance. However, a considerable portion of the carbohydrate fraction present in grains is made up of poorly digestible components that have substantial anti-nutritional effects in the animal, thereby adversely affecting animal production performance. Arabinoxylans is a hemicellulose found in both the primary and secondary cell walls of plants, including cereal grains and predominantly consists of copolymers of two pentose sugars – arabinose and xylose.
BG-Xylan™ is a unique xylanase enzyme feed additive scientifically developed by ABTL scientists for consistent, and premium performance. An endo-1,4-beta-xylanase, BG-XYLAN™ improves animal nutrition and gut health by breaking down non-starch polysaccharides (specifically xylans) in cell walls of feed grains so that valuable entrapped nutrients can be released for digestion.
- BG-XYLAN degrades the NSP material and liberates ready source of energy in the form of reducing sugars which is absorbed easily by the intestine of the birds.
- It helps in increasing the weight gain of the bird, proper digestion and absorption of fat improvement in wet litter conditions, reducing the chance of loose dropping and disease conditions etc. All these factors contribute to the immunity, livability and productivity of the birds.
Improves Animal Nutritionand Performance
- BG-Xylan™ out-performs other xylanases by releasing up to 40 kcal ME / kg in corn-based poultry diets and up to 45 kcal ME/kg in wheat poultry diets due to its unique protein structure and pH profile.
- BG-Xylan™ hydrolyzes both soluble and insoluble xylans, maximizing release of nutrients from many types of feed grains. It has an extended enzymatic site which allows greater catalytic activity than other commercial xylanases.
- BG-Xylan™ has a unique pH profile which works optimally at the 5.7 – 7.0 pH of the poultry small intestine where the majority of digestion occurs.
- BG-Xylan™ further accelerates digestion by reducing digesta viscosity and improving passage rate.
Improves and Maintains a Healthy Gut
- By reducing the amount of undigested xylans in feed, BG-Xylan™ limits the growth of pathogens in the intestine.
- Birds supplemented with BG-Xylan™ exhibit statistically significant less severe necrotic lesions, show increased villi height (improved morphology) and statistically significant reduced mucosal MDA (an indicator of oxidative stress).
- BG-Xylan™ has also been shown to create a prebiotic effect by improving nutrient digestibility, maintaining healthy micro-biota and providing increased protection against pathogenic challenges.
Versatile and Consistent Performance
- Animal trials have shown that BG-Xylan™ consistently improves FCR.
- Field research confirms that BG-Xylan™ creates statistically significant improvement in average bird finished weight and flock uniformity.
- BG-Xylan™ is intrinsically thermostable at pelleting temperatures of at least 85°C.
- Finally, BG-Xylan™ has been consistent in improving the wet litter conditions, thereby reducing the chances of loose droppings and disease conditions. All these factors contribute to enhance the immunity, livability and productivity of the birds.
- BG-Xylan™ can be used successfully across multiple feed ingredients and production environments using a Reformulation or On-top Feed Strategy.