- β-Mannans are one of the important components of non-starch polysaccharides(NSPs) found in leguminous feed ingredients and are widely distributed across cereal grains.
- Soyabean meal, Cocunut meal, Palm Kernel meal, Guar meal, Sesame meal, Rice bran, Full fat SBM, Sunflower meal and Rapeseed meal comprises significant Mannan component.
- β-Mannans triggers an Feed Induced Immune Response (FIIR) which consumes energy and nutrients. Upto ~3% ME is consumed by the immune response.
- Mannans also increase the viscosity of feed, thereby decreasing feed efficiency, growth and amino acid digestibility.
- BG-Mannan is an Endo-1,4-ß-D-mannanase enzyme which degrades mannans produced by fermentation of Trichoderma citrinoviride.
- The enzyme cleaves randomly within the 1, 4-ß-D-mannan main chain of galactomannans & mannans.
Benefits of BG-Mannan®
- Degrades anti nutritional factors like, ß mannan, thus reducing the anti nutritional effects of mannans.
- Does not trigger the Feed-Induced Immune Response (FIIR).
- Increases the digestion and absorption of feed.
- Improve absorption of glucose and the metabolism of carbohydrate,resulting into availability of more
- Stimulates the amino acid utilization of body cells, thus helping the protein synthesis.
Recommended Dose :
The actual dosage may depend on feed composition and hence it should be prescribed by nutritionist.
Storage Stability :
The storage stability of BG-Mannan was studied after mixing it into commercial poultry feed and stored for 6-7 months. The analysis of the moved feed was carried out once in a month.
Shelf Life :
About 2 years in original sealed drums at or below at 25°C.